Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:36:02 +0100

Hi David,

2012/2/20 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

>> Furthermore, I realized, that there seems to be no conversion rule for
>> the following 2.12.3-definitions:
>>
>> From 2.12.3:  \scm\lily-library.scm
>>
>>    (define (interval-translate iv amount)
>>      (cons (+ amount (car iv))
>>       (+ amount (cdr iv))))
>
> It's used in snippets?  Ugh.

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=700 by Neil Puttock

< Probably easiest to put that back in and
> document it, then.

I reintegrated the interval-translate-definition into the file
->attached my manual update

> Is there a known replacement?

Don't know.

>> From 2.12.3:  \ly\markup-init.ly
>>
>> #(define-public toplevel-module-define-public! #f)
>> #(define-public toplevel-module-ref #f)
>
> Those can be replaced by their straightforward counterpart.  Where are
> they used?

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=657
I reintegrated the old definitions, too.  ->attached my manual update
I don't know about their counterpart.

>> And of course any 2.14.2-chordRootNamer-definition expects two
>> arguments now. I've no idea how that could be covered by converting
>> rules.
>
> Give a before/after example.  It might be more reliable to actually just
> let the function deal with it via an optional argument,

In http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=chordRootNamer I simple added
the non-functional argument lowercase? to the definition. -> attached
my manual update
Or should I try to competely rewrite this snippet due to the new possibillities?

< but it is not
> inconceivable to write conversion rules either.  If you take a look at
> convertrules.py, you'll see that I did some rather heavy lifting inside
> of Scheme constructs for dealing with ly:export.  It is not the same as
> doing compatibility in Scheme itself, but it was sufficient for the
> LilyPond repository.

Will have a look at it.

Cheers,
  Harm