Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development onLil

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development onLilyPond
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:05:07 +0100

> 1) pick a specific work, or body of works, which are
> unquestionably in the public domain.  A Dvorak string quartet?
> Beethoven piano concerto?  Bach chorales?  Something already in
> mutopia?

as a suggestion of rather popular pieces, I'd like to add bach's violin
concertos and/or violin partitas, or beethovens piano sonatas. (earlier
in this thread, it was also suggested that the performance of the music
could be part of the project as well - that would probably exclude
pieces that require an orchestra ...?)

> 2) set up a kickstarter to "perfect" that score, where "perfect"
> means "work on lilypond such that good output is produced with
> only semantic information".  No tweaks, no workarounds, etc.

If there's score typing involved, I would definitely like to contribute
to that!