Re: Tie at end of first repeat

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Tie at end of first repeat
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:21:54 +0100

On 2 February 2012 00:09, Brent Annable <address@hidden> wrote:
> THAT is an AWESOME suggestion, and works like a charm. Thanks Xavier!

You forgot to "reply to all" (as needed on this mailing list to keep
the discussion on the mailing list).

> Now I also feel incredibly stupid. Is this tip already in the manual
> somewhere? If it isn't, I think it would make a valuable addition as it
> solves the problem quickly and easily without any excessive tweaking.

This tip was mentioned on the mailing lists IIRC.
LaissezVibrer is explained in  NR 1.2.1 Writing rhythms , just after
\repeatTie  but AFAICS there is no snippet saying it can be used in this
specific repeat volta situation.

You can ask it to be added (either there or in  NR 1.4.1 Long repeats )
as a snippet.  Send an enhancement doc addition request to bug-lilypond.
http://lilypond.org/bug-reports.html
Or better, you could make a snippet yourself on the LSR
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/contributing.html
and ask to include it in the doc (that would make James work easier).

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>