Re: Tie at end of first repeat

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Tie at end of first repeat
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:21:53 +0100

Hi,

2012/2/2 Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>:
> On 1 February 2012 22:54, Brent Annable <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm typesetting a piece with repeats, for which I'm using the "volta 2"
>> construction with a first-time and second-time ending. My problem is that I
>> have a note that is tied from the end of the first ending back to the start
>> of the "volta" section. This doesn't seem to work with a normal tie, so I'm
>> trying to use a \repeatTie and attach it to the right-hand side of the
>> notehead, but I can't figure out how to do it. Here's what I've tried so
>> far:
>>
>> \score {
>>  \relative c' {
>>  \override RepeatTie #'side-axis = #0
>>  \override RepeatTie #'direction = #RIGHT
>>
>>  c2 c2~ \repeat volta 2 { c2 c2 }
>>
>> \alternative {
>> { c2 c2 \repeatTie}
>> {d2 d2}
>>              }
>>              c2 c2 \bar "|." }
>> }
>>
>> I just can't get it to work, I would be really grateful if someone could
>> explain where I'm going wrong.
>
> This is a workaround, but you could use  \laissezVibrer  instead of
> using \repeatTie .
>
> Hope that helps (a little).
>
> Cheers,
> Xavier
>
> --
> Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>

same suggestion as Xavier.
I added a little function to tweak the LaissezVibrerTie, first created
by Enternix from the german forum:
http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=1008.msg5637#msg5637
Of course there are other tweaking methods:
via control-points or use the functions of the attached file
containing possibilities to tweak Slur, Tie, PhrasingSlur, RepeatTie
and LaissezVibrerTie (this is a collection of function from the list).

\version "2.14.2"

extendTie =
#(define-music-function (parser location x) (pair?)
#{
  \once  \override LaissezVibrerTie #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
    (let* ((tie-stencil (laissez-vibrer::print grob))
           (tie-ext (ly:stencil-extent tie-stencil X))
           (tie-length (interval-length tie-ext))
           (new-tie-length (+ tie-length (- (cdr $x)(car $x))))
           (scale-factor (/ new-tie-length tie-length))
           (new-tie-stencil (ly:stencil-scale tie-stencil scale-factor 1))
           (new-tie-ext (ly:stencil-extent new-tie-stencil X))
           (x-corr (- (car tie-ext) (car new-tie-ext)))
           (x-shift (car $x)))

     (ly:stencil-translate-axis
        new-tie-stencil
        (+ x-corr x-shift)
        X)))
#})

%--- test

\score {
 \relative c' {

   c2 c2~
   \repeat volta 2 { c2 c2 }
       \alternative {
       { c2 \extendTie #'(0 . 1.5) c2 \laissezVibrer }
       { d2 d2 }
                    }

   c2 c2 \bar "|."

HTH,