Re: Abbreviation for markup?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Abbreviation for markup?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:21:22 +0100

Hi David,

2012/1/29 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Shane Brandes <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I really don't believe any blame ought to be cast as yet or at all.
>> This is after all a weekend and many people are off doing other
>> things. And quite frankly when scheme gets mentioned many of us non
>> programmer types look at it and might get the drift of what a bit of
>> code does but are less liable to have the knowledge to rub those
>> sticks together to get something useful.
>
> Yes, I already understood that the consensus appears to be to reserve
> blame for those programmer type people.
>
> But when nobody of them can be bothered any more, some users will have
> little choice but aspire to looking at error messages and trying out
> obvious fixes to them at one point of time, too.
>
> Knowledge organizes in pyramids.  And one can't build those without the
> intermediate layers.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

first of all I want to express my deepest impression about your and
all the developers work. About the very little fraction I have insight
I can say: it is a fabulous work, introducing nice new features and
making all more consequent.
Also, I followed the discussions about bounties, donations etc and I
will participate to do something monetary, if there will be an
established method. Or contact you if I have a personally request to
implement a feature I need.

But I'm disappointed about your statements about experienced users.
You're right, I'm quite sure I could have solved Helge's problem.
But I decided to answer to Brent because he was first. The rest of the
day I visited a good friend being in her very last period of lifetime
at the hospital.

So - very british - I'm not amuzed.

Harm