Re: Bounties

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Bounties
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 16:10:19 +0100

Tim McNamara <address@hidden> writes:

> It is quite possible that the Lilypond team doesn't want to have to
> set up accounting and disbursement mechanisms, however.  There are
> some headaches and legalities that would be involved which might be
> more trouble than they are worth.

That is the current problem.  I doubt that there is enough potential to
be tapped that setting up the respective independent channels and
administration would not consume more resources than they would deliver.
Of course, I am always ready to be pleasantly surprised.

> I've done a lot of work for free over the course of my life so far
> because it was so much less hassle than dealing with getting paid for
> it.

Same here.  In this particular case however, I need to end up getting
paid for it eventually because I am currently focusing fulltime on it.
And it is requiring enough focus and concentration that if I were to do
something else for supporting myself, I would have to cut out even
looking at LilyPond completely to have the resources for that.  I am too
much of a single-minded person.

--
David Kastrup