Bounties (was: User vs Developer)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Bounties (was: User vs Developer)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:59:27 +0100

I think that bounties will never have significant impact on Lily
development if we don't organize them.  It's because writing code is
very expensive ($200-500 for a nontrivial patch?) compared to money
average user can spend (few can afford $100 i think).
I am serious: there are at least 20 issues in our tracker that i'm
willing to pay for, but not more than $10 for each.  Can we find 20
people like me?  I think so.

Xavier, may i ask you an unusual question?  Feel free to ignore it.
Why could you want to become "bounty hunter" (i.e. person that
organizes bounties and sponsorship)?

cheers,
Janek