Re: "counting-numbers" above bars called with \repeat unfold

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: "counting-numbers" above bars called with \repeat unfold
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 07:54:51 -0600

Hi Harm,

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
I tried to print counting numbers above each bar called with the
\repeat unfold command, including the option to print the numbers
above the first note of the bar or to center them.
So far it works.

Very nice!

But the placement of the numbers is not convincing in all cases.

Any hint?

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to here as being unconvincing.  Inspecting your image, though, it appears that the numbers aren't well centered above the note heads where you want them to be.  This is most pronounced with the double-digit numbers.

If this is the problem you're seeing, you could use the snippet "Centering markup on note heads automatically": http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=637

I've attached a file which incorporates this.  I changed a line in "list-helper" where the space you append to the number would throw this off.  I added the engraver to \Score here so it would affect the various contexts you're using.  (Would it be better to add it to \Staff and \DrumStaff individually?  I don't know.)

Anyway, I hope this is what you're looking for!

-David