Re: Copyright for specific scores in a book

From: James
Subject: Re: Copyright for specific scores in a book
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:03:59 +0000

Hello,

On 21 January 2012 22:22, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 21 January 2012 23:06, James <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Well if you look in
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation-big-page.html#custom-headers-footers-and-titles
>>
>> It explains things, although not specifically how to do this, but
>> using the information here and information from ly:titling-init.ly
>> file which defines many of these rules for how book and score part
>> titles work.
>>
>> I came up with a bit of a crude method that might be good enough for you.
>>
>> I've attached your file with my modifications here:
>>
>> but basically with a bit of trial and error I commented out the
>> print-all-headers in your \paper { } block, added the scoreTitleMarkup
>> = \markup { .. } block within your \paper. This variable is taken from
>> the ly:titling-init.ly directly and then I modified it.
>
> OK, I did not follow carefully the conversation but what I can say is
> that if you mean to modify the footer, you should definitely consider
> modifying "oddFooterMarkup", not "scoreTitleMarkup".

Yes I tried that but it would not print the copyright on every page
only the first. I couldn't find a 'print-all-pages' type variable that
I could try, and if you have an even number of scores or if your score
moves over a page, then the copyright would be skewed - you'd miss one
unless you then have odd and even footer, but again even allowing for
that I couldn't get copyright on every page unless it was using
scoreTitleMarkup. It seems that taglines and copyright are less
flexible outside of the \score { \header {}} construction.

> A solution involving a defined variable (called "thisScoreCopyright"
> for instance) that would be then called in oddFooterMarkup should be
> possible.
>

>> Now the 'hack' was to add the two \fill-line { \null } lines inside
>> the scoreTitleMarkup as I couldn't workout how to move the score title
>> away from the main title - just add more instances of this \fill-line
>> to add more 'line space'.
>
> There is the \vspace command to add vertical space.

Thanks. I didn't think of that.

James