Re: Pango error when building a document

From: Rich Cochrane
Subject: Re: Pango error when building a document
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 21:04:46 +0000 (UTC)

James <pkx166h <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Well, can you browse to this dir and see if the ttf file exists?

Oh, good point -- yes, I'd checked that, the ttf file is there alright, although
I'm not really sure why it would be expecting to find "Century Schoolbook L" in
"DejaVu Sans.ttf".

I "solved" the problem by having the program that creates the big lytex file
create 14 separate files instead (that was just a logical way to break it up)
and running LilyPond on each one separately. I'll then write a script to merge
'em back together.

My suspicion is that LilyPond is doing something when it loads font files that
causes contention when it executes a particularly large number of instructions.
This may be related to the fact that these are books of musical examples, so
they contain very many separate \begin{lilypond} instructions. But all that's
pure speculation.

Cheers,

Rich