Re: Pango error when building a document

From: James
Subject: Re: Pango error when building a document
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:48:27 +0000

Hello,

On 5 January 2012 08:06, Rich Cochrane <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm running LilyPond on a document and getting the following error after
> several
> minutes of (what appears to be) successful processing:
>
> "Pango-ERROR **: Unable to open font file
> C:/Windows/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf for font Century Schoolbook L
> 3.0673828125, exiting

Well, can you browse to this dir and see if the ttf file exists?

It may be you have explicitly requested a font that on a windows
machine doesn't exist (or the file name is different) and so PANGO is
defaulting to this 'san serif' file.

This is a complete guess as often when I quickly compile .ly files
I;ve created on a Linux Server using Explict font names on a Windows
box, lilypond will default to a 'sans' font.

James