Re: instrument name or \markup question

From: lily-user
Subject: Re: instrument name or \markup question
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 10:10:34 -0800 (PST)

Thanks. That worked. However, is there an automatic way to align the content
instead of specifying manual numbers? Like how you do in word or even latex.
I would like to do something like the following

\set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {  \column {\null "Flute"} \column {1 2}
}

and make the first \column (i.e., Flute) left align and the second column
(i.e., 1 2) right align, so that I don't have to change line width number,
when I change paper size or other stuff.

I tired the http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=align&s=20&m=10 in vain.
Please help. Thanks.