Re: instrument name or \markup question

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: instrument name or \markup question
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 05:35:36 -0800 (PST)

lily-user wrote:
Thanks a lot. However, this produces the attached image. Apologize if I was not clear, I would like to right align the "1 2" (i.e., closer to the brace, as in the original). Also, where can I learn about the various ways of markup? Also, what does \null and the \override do? Can you please give me a small description, so that I learn how to do this in the future? Thanks a lot again.
lily-user wrote:
Newbie question, How do I make the "Flute" instrument name appear like the one in the image i.e., along with the 1 2 player information, with the correct alignment. Thanks.
please have a look at the correponding entries in the manuals, e.g. http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation-big-page#text-markup-commands

for your example you can define a different line-width (it must of course be compatible with the indentation in the \paper section)

\paper {
  indent = 15
}
\new GrandStaff <<