Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?

From: Peter Jaques
Subject: Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:20:09 -0800

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I have been using the lilypond application (lilypond.app on Mac OSX), not the command line, so didn't know about any options.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pass options to lilypond from lilypond.app? Otherwise I guess I'll have to dive all the way into getting a new editor set up and everything... Wow, I haven't used Vim since 1999! ;)

thanks
~peter

Peter Jaques, clarinetist & trumpeter ~ huzzam.com
director, Brass Menažeri :: brassmenazeri.com
stellamara.com + janamband.com + facebook.com/OrkestarSali

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Hans Aberg <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7 Dec 2011, at 15:49, Michael Ellis wrote:

> > I understand that I *can* put files practically anywhere. The problem is that I then have to use a really long include line like:
> >
> > \include /Users/peter/Documents/asdf.ly
> >
> > unlike the factory files, which only require:
> > \include english.ly
>
> Why not use the -I (--include) command line option?

As can be seen from
 lilypond --help
:-)

Hans