Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:07:14 +0100

On 7 Dec 2011, at 10:22, Peter Jaques wrote:

> Thanks Hans. You didn't quite understand my question, I think.
>
> I understand that I *can* put files practically anywhere. The problem is that
> I then have to use a really long include line like:
>
> \include /Users/peter/Documents/asdf.ly
>
> unlike the factory files, which only require:
> \include english.ly
>
> I'm wondering if there's another supported location to put files to include,
> such that Lilypond will AUTOMATICALLY find them, without requiring typing the
> full path.

I tried hen the file is in the same directory, and it worked.

So possibly, you have your include files in some other custom directory. Then
lilypond does not seem to search any other directories than the working
directory and its own.

So possibly a feature request there.

Otherwise, it works fine with a relative path, like \include "../dir/file.ly".
And you might try soft links 'ln -s'.

Hans