Bug in .eps output (or its interpretation?) on Linux: Ledger lines loose

From: MarkusPfaff
Subject: Bug in .eps output (or its interpretation?) on Linux: Ledger lines loose fill
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 23:22:09 +0200 (CEST)

On my Kubuntu 11.10 system the .eps output generated from a .ly file has ledger
lines that loose their fill gradually from left to right. You may see that in
the attached example especially if you zoom in heavily on such a line.

The method used to generate .eps output is following section 4.4.3 of the Usage
manual
(http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/usage/lilypond-output-in-other-programs.html).

.ly source code:
\version "2.12.3"

\paper{
  indent=0\mm
  line-width=120\mm
  oddFooterMarkup=##f
  oddHeaderMarkup=##f
  bookTitleMarkup = ##f
  scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
}

\relative c' {
  a b c d g' a b c
}

Lilypond is  called on this file named Simple.ly like this:

  lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts Simple.ly

The .pdf output does not have these artifacts of the ledger lines on my Linux
system. I tried to generate the .eps file on Windows 7 to see if the effect is
still there. It is not (as far as I can see). Thus I suppose that the problem
comes from interaction of the .eps file with the ghostscript interpreter used
for Kubuntu 11.10 (ghostscript version: GPL Ghostscript 9.04 (2011-08-05)).

Has anybody an idea how to stop the ledger lines from loosing their fill?

Markus

Attached files:
Simple.ly
Simple.eps showing the problem
Simple.pdf generated by the same lilypond run and not showing the problem in
okular viewer, but showing the problem in gv viewer