Re: Anomalous, or Non-standard, Clefs(a "cloud"!)

From: Alan McConnell
Subject: Re: Anomalous, or Non-standard, Clefs(a "cloud"!)
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:34:31 -0400

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 05:35:42PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> >     Yes!  Many thanks!  I can see that I'm going to have to get
> >     familiar with the "snippets" file.  I've ignored it up to
> >     now, since I'm working with v 2.14.2.  But the code you've
> >     suggested works with 2.14.2.
        <sigh>  There's a problem.  I use
                        ((0 . 6) . ,FLAT)
                        ((1 . 3) . ,SHARP)
                        ((0 . 5) . ,FLAT)
        for my placement of the accidentals.  Using the standard
        violin clef, the above settings places the Bb in its
        accustomed position, the F# and Ab ditto.  The order is
        right . . . so far so good.

But when I put in a C major scale, starting from middle C, the
F(actuall 'fes' in the .ly file) is notated with a sharp!  That's
because the sharp in the key signature is an octave higher, as I
discovered from experiment.  The A(aes in .ly) and B(bes in .ly)
are notated OK, since they are taken care of by the flats in
the key signature.

Bottom line:  the accidentals in a non-traditional key signature
have still got to cover all the octaves!  Otherwise great
confusion ensues.

Maybe this problem is repaired in 2.15?

Thanks to Mr Kastrup for his tips on Scheme/guile.  I'll read what
he has pointed at with care and, hopefully, understanding<g>.

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
     Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in