Re: independently barlined staves

From: harm6
Subject: Re: independently barlined staves
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 06:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

Jeremy Joseph Boor wrote:

> (...)
> I still would like to be able to do it with something more along the lines
> of the divisioMaxima found in gregorian.ly:
>
> divisioMaxima = {
>   \once \override BreathingSign  #'stencil =
> #ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maxima
>   \once \override BreathingSign  #'Y-offset = #0
>   \once \override BreathingSign  #'extra-X-extent = #'(-1.0 . 0)
>
>   \breathe
>
>       }
>
> Can I make this dotted or dashed somehow?
>
> I tried adding
> \override BreathingSign #'style = #'dotted-line, but that didn't work.

Hi,

I would prefer to pick up the best parts of the previous posts to tweak the
BarLines.

An approach using BreathingSign might be possible using the code below. But
using the new BreathingSign at a line-end needs further tweaking, as you can
see in the sopran-Voice.

Best,
  Harm

\version "2.14.2"

mrkp =
\markup {
        \vcenter \pattern #4 #Y #0.23 "."
}

bs = {
        \once \override Staff.BreathingSign #'text = \mrkp
        \once\override Score.BreathingSign #'Y-offset = ##f
        \breathe
}

sopran = {
        \relative c' {
        a4 a a \bs a  b b \bs b b \bs  c c c c d d d d \bar "||"

alt = {
        \relative c' {
         a a\bs a a b b\bs b b c c c\bs c d d d d

tenor = {
        \relative c' {
        c c c\bs c d d d\bs d e e e\bs e f f f f

bass = {
        \relative c' {
        c\bs c c c d\bs d d d\break e\bs e e\bs e f f f f

\score {
        \new StaffGroup <<
                \new Staff \sopran
                \new Staff \alt