Re: Changing to Gonville font

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Changing to Gonville font
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:16:20 -0700

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 02:59:22PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
> Hello
>
> )The UNIX-y nerds (including those comfortable with Linux and MacOS
> )command lines) will understand that the mv command is used to rename
> )things.  Meanwhile, the GUI users will understand “rename” better than
> )“move.”
>
> Well without belabouring the point - and not trying to be
> deliberately obtuse - you cannot use the Mac GUI (Finder) to do
> this - at least not easily in 10.6.

Actually, you can.  Ctrl-click on LilyPond.app, then select "show
package contents", then navigate to the relevant directory.
(at least, you could do this in 10.3 and 10.4; I haven't seen any
later osx, but I would be astounded if they removed this)

> We try to be as literal as we can in the doc because it leaves
> little room (or should) for ambiguity.

I'm fine with calling it "rename" instead of "move".  I don't know
if you want to bother trying to explain about package contents,
but if you're up for it, then go ahead.  I certainly won't object
to that.

Cheers,
- Graham