Re: Chords above notes for chant

From: Br. Athanasius Pelletier
Subject: Re: Chords above notes for chant
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:46:40 -0400

I don't want the notes to be chords because the notes are chanted as they are.  An organ will accompany the chanting and play the chords that I want to indicate above certain notes.  Also, how would I insert a rest?  All I get when I try your example is a N.C.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Christopher R. Maden <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/22/2011 08:14 PM, Br. Athanasius Pelletier wrote:
> I need to get the letters for the chords above certain notes in the
> example below.  I thought of using markup but I don't know if I can
> get sharp or flat symbols. I want "F" above the first f breve, a "B
> flat(symbol)" above the second F breve and "D min." above the last
> D.

Have you tried chord mode?

\score {
 <<
   \chords {
     c4 c c c
   }
   \new Staff <<
     c4 c c c

}

You can use rests or skips for places you don’t want any chords notated.

~Chris
--
Chris Maden, text nerd  <URL: http://crism.maden.org/ >
This week, the Transportation Security Administration intercepted and