Re: Chords above notes for chant

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Chords above notes for chant
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:26:03 -0400

On 07/22/2011 08:14 PM, Br. Athanasius Pelletier wrote:
> I need to get the letters for the chords above certain notes in the
> example below.  I thought of using markup but I don't know if I can
> get sharp or flat symbols. I want "F" above the first f breve, a "B
> flat(symbol)" above the second F breve and "D min." above the last
> D.

Have you tried chord mode?

\score {
  <<
    \chords {
      c4 c c c
    }
    \new Staff <<
      c4 c c c

}

You can use rests or skips for places you don’t want any chords notated.

~Chris
This week, the Transportation Security Administration intercepted and
searched a suspected war criminal and noted supporter of Saddam
Hussein, but permitted Donald Rumsfeld to board his flight anyway.