Re: Cues + ties/LV

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Cues + ties/LV
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:10:03 +0800

At Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:43:11 +0000,
James Lowe wrote:
> You can explicitly state which 'events' (slurs, ties etc) you want in the cue
> part
>
> \set Score.quotedCueEventTypes = #'(....your event here ...)
>
> I know (as I revamped this entire section very recently) that there are
> potentially more event types that could be included than is listed here,
> however without trying them all manually myself, I am not sure which ones
> *don't* work.
>
> So perhaps (and someone who knows the function calls more intimately than I)
> can say that \laissezVibrer can be turned on by using XXX-event?

Ah, I overlooked the paragraph about quotedCueEventTypes -- it does seem
applicable.

As a noob (but quick study, I hope), I'm nowhere near advanced enough to
understand the internals. But, the online documentation is searchable and turns
up:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/internals/laissezvibrerevent

Syntax: note\laissezVibrer
Event classes: laissez-vibrer-event, music-event and StreamEvent.

And then, hacking up a quick test...

~~~
\version "2.14.1"
\include "english.ly"

cueme = \relative c'' { d8 a8 d8 e8 a2 \laissezVibrer }
\addQuote #'"cueme" { \cueme }

visible = \relative c'' {
  \time 4/4 \numericTimeSignature \key d \major
  \cueDuring #'"cueme" #UP { r2 r4 a8 b8 }
  d4. e8 cs2
}

{
  \set Score.quotedCueEventTypes = #'(note-event rest-event tie-event
beam-event tuplet-span-event laissez-vibrer-event)
  \visible
}
~~~

Bingo! Sometimes noobz can have decent research skills :)
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
address@hidden