Re: (re?)directing compile output to a file :

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: (re?)directing compile output to a file :
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:45:48 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:06 AM

Attention  : Phil Holmes

I assume I have now "posted" directly to lilypond-user forum
I have a "LONG post" Analysis (not without Value in my opinion) of this problem.

I am new to "posting etiquette" but could at least Phil Holmes or someone tell me if
I should post the "LONG post" Analysis to lilypond-user forum.
Note Some intermediate correspondence should be added.

David,

You have successfully posted to the user forum. I'm answering directly to, but by using "reply-all" I'm also sending my reply to the newsgroup.

As I said in my earlier email to you, redirecting LilyPond output from within a program is something I have done in c#, in writing a small program I call my "LilyPond monitor". It receives a filename to compile, starts LilyPond, monitors its progress and captures and displays all the output. If you'd prefer to start by emailing your analysis directly to me, I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

As to whether to post a long analysis to the news group: it deends. How long is long?

--
Phil Holmes