Re: please help a newbie with partial measures

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: please help a newbie with partial measures
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 19:16:35 +0100

Hello,

On 14/08/2010 17:20, Rose Mawhorter wrote:
> Maybe I spoke too soon. I've got the bar lines in the correct places now
> BUT the compiler rejects my slurs. Surely there must be a better way of
> doing this!

I looked at the URL you referred to, it does seem odd from my point of view that while there is a partial on the first bar, that partial instead of being made up on the last bar of the piece is actually made up after the first few bars and then a new partial is started in the next bar and made up a few bars down again.

I wouldn't normally expect this, but I am not a singer so this might be something that is common practice.

However what you could look at (I think) is using the \cadenzaOn Off function, which while perhaps not strictly what you are doing, might be a simpler way to work.

Otherwise the only way I can see for you to set music like this is to join lots of 'mini-scores' together which would be tedious.

I hope this helps,

james