Re: fyi - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: fyi - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:06:58 +0100

I believe this gentleman uses LilyPond.

http://www.oscarvandillen.com/Main_Page

James

On 24/06/2010 15:00, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Op donderdag 24-06-2010 om 14:42 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Graham
Percival:

What, like:
   http://lilypond.org/website/productions.html
?  it's in the maoing introduction.

Yeah, what about it?  I see no .ly's or pictures.
AFAICS, Affaire étrangère is the "only" new composition
mentioned -- and this is not mentioned/advertised?

I'm not sure if claop.py would qualify but there must
be more ``modern compositions proudly engaved with lilypond''
that would want/allow to be listed in such a category (Darius,
Trevor Baca, Orm come to mind?)

PPS: wouldn't it be nice if we had so many great composers
     in our userbase that we could stage a composition
     contest with a major release?

err... offering up money?  We can't exactly promise everlasting fame.

Ubuntu is offering everlasting fame, why can't we?

OpenBSD has a "release song".  I suppose we could have a "release
piece", but who would do the judging, how many people would actually
submit anything, is it worth telling all but one of those submissions
that they lost the contest, etc?

A release piece would be a nice start -- it would have no losers or
runners-up of the contest anyway...

Jan.