Re: parallelMusic and repeat

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: parallelMusic and repeat
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:13:09 +0100

-Eluze wrote:

> i think \parallelMusic is just thought for a quick and easy input - without
> sophisticated structuring of a piece!

oh, I see
that's what I wanted to know..

well, it's a pity because it's very handy, you can see all the voices
in a measure without having to scroll from one variable to another.

I mean, this is an example of the template I'm using to enable double
glissando in a three voice piece:

\version "2.13.8"

upper=  \relative c' {
        <a c>4 \glissando <b\3 d>2.

}

lower=  \relative c {
  r4  e,2.
}

thirdvoice= \relative c' {
        \hideNotes a4 \glissando b2.\3
}

  \score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff = "guitar" <<
        \context Voice = "upper guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceOne  \upper }
        \context Voice = "lower guitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceTwo  \lower }
        \context Voice = "thirdguitar" { \clef "G_8" \voiceThree
\thirdvoice }

      \new TabStaff = "tab" <<
        \context TabVoice = "upper tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceOne
\upper }
        \context TabVoice = "lower tab" { \clef "moderntab" \voiceTwo
\lower }
        \context TabVoice = "thirdguitar" { \clef "moderntab"
\voiceThree  \thirdvoice }

  }

In a normal piece, I have to scroll a lot when I enter music, because
each voice is separated.
That's why I hoped I could use \parallelMusic instead..

I know Alexander Kobel and Nicolas Sceaux are working on
\parallelMusic, so I hope they are going to enlight me about the use
of \parallelMusic and what can we expect from it in the future.

Regards,
Federico

--
http://gnurag.net/blog/