markuplines and in-line score breaks - sponsoring offered

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: markuplines and in-line score breaks - sponsoring offered
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 07:31:11 -0800 (PST)

After some weeks of experimenting, I am now completely trapped within the
\markuplines and inline \score.
There are two problems described earlier in this forum, both without any
solution so far.
1.)
http://old.nabble.com/Orphaned-and-widowed-lines-in-%5Cmarkuplines-td26263855.html#a26263855
markuplines do leave orphans and widows  (single starting or ending lines of
a paragraph on a page). I would need lilypond to make sure that there are no
orphans and widows in the printed pages.

2.) The inline score problem.
http://old.nabble.com/Tools-for-critical-apparatus-td26141632.html#a26141632
It was observed   that it is not possible to get multi-line music inside
\markuplines which would wrap along with text.
http://old.nabble.com/Inline-score-inside-markup---bugs-in-music-alignment-td26111727.html#a26128111
It was suggested   that the way to temperate the problem might be using
wrapped-lines instead of justified-lines as in mathematics when formulae
extend to more than few characters (David Kastrup). However, I tried both
and none of them is usable.
When the music is very short, then the paragraphs are formed nicely and the
result is OK either justified either wrapped.
However, when the inline music is longer, the line and staff breaks do not
form good paragraph if wrapped or justified (you may compare the PDFs
attached - one is justified, the other wrapped). The paragraphs 2 and 3 look
OK (no long music inside), but the first paragraph is bad in both cases.
a) word wrapped  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26635924/WordWrap.pdf
WordWrap.pdf
b) lines justified  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26635924/justified_lines.pdf
justified_lines.pdf
c) the source code in lilypond (very very long)
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26635924/lilypondFile.ly lilypondFile.ly

I am therefore trapped in these in-line score breaks. What I would really
need is the possibility that the long in-line score breaks smoothly inside
the surrounding text: starting in the middle of the line where the text is
finished (not jumping to a new line), and allowing the after-text to
continue right where the ragged-right music was finished, in this manner:

    Some text with =short=score= and
    some more text.  Some other text
    and then: ==long====score=======
    ========== and some more text.

It was observed, that to get this behavior would not be trivial task to
program. However, it is rather essecial for my project and therefore I am
seeking an able scheme coder who would be able to solve the two problems
described. I am offering sponsorship for this in the height of, say, 2.000
USD. But of course, if it is too much work (what I am unable to estimate), I
am willing to negotiate about even higher reward. Please, if anyone was
willing and capable to help me, I would be really grateful.