Page numbering

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Page numbering
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:06:41 +1100

In the example below, I have found that if I have multiple pieces with a table of contents, I have to use first-page-number = 0 in the paper section to have the first piece start on page 1. Is there a better way of doing this?

The main problem is that if I use print-first-page-number = ##t, in order to get a page number on the first page of each piece, then I get a page number of 0 appearing on the TOC page. How can I turn that off but still get all other pages numbered?

Also, if you keep adding pieces to the book until the TOC uses more than one page, then you have to use first-page-number = -1, first-page-number = -2, etc, in order to have the first piece start on page 1, and need some way of hiding the page numbers on all the TOC pages.

%==================================================
\version "2.13.8"

\paper {
   first-page-number = 0
   print-first-page-number = ##t
   oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { " " }
   evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { " " }
   oddFooterMarkup = \markup { \fill-line {
       \bold \fontsize #3 \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
       \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string } }
   evenFooterMarkup = \markup { \fill-line {
       \bold \fontsize #3 \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
       \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string } }
   ragged-right = ##t
   ragged-bottom = ##t
   ragged-last-bottom = ##t
}