Re: website draft 5, help wanted

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website draft 5, help wanted
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 03:44:42 -0700

Welcome!  Yes, please begin by installing git.  On OSX, this blog
post:
http://theappleblog.com/2009/03/10/using-git-with-os-x-6-tools-to-get-you-up-and-running/
suggests a git osx graphical installer:
http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/

I haven't tried it myself.  I would actually be cautious about
using the GUI, if only because all the instructions in our
Contributor Guide are written for the command-line.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/devel/contrib-guide/index

If you can get git installed and working on the command-line, then
the other steps should be fairly easy (mostly cut&paste from the
CG).

Cheers,
- Graham