Re: [Issue?] hiding Accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [Issue?] hiding Accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 20:53:36 -0400

Hi all,

Earlier (on -user), I wrote:

Last month, there was a quick exchange about hiding accidental(s) on tied note(s) after a line break: <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-04/ msg00949.html>

I am running into the same issue right now, and I see why others have been frustrated by it... =\ 1. Does anybody have an automatic way to get this to work as expected*? Maybe a callback function a la the broken slur example?

I've been trying to put together a callback function (riffing on the broken slur and tie examples), but since Accidental doesn't get broken itself — although the Tie attached to the note the Accidental belongs to must [right?] — the necessary alteration to the code is beyond my Scheme-fu.

Any helpers out there?
I've got a little PayPal balance to spend, if that moves the issue up the priority list any... ;)

Thanks,
Kieren.