Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 20:28:05 -0400

If I may chime in...

This may just be a matter of editorial taste, but would it be possible to make it so the 'X' on in the Tab staff is not the musical glyph from Feta, but rather the character 'capital X' from the same font set being used for tab numbers? For example, instead of #'glyph-name #"2cross", use whatever command would call the capital X from whichever font tab numbers are set to?

I believe that this looks better on the page than mixing music glyphs and text glyphs in the tab staff, particularly where tab numbers and muted strings are part of the same chord.

In the industry, most houses are currently using Helvetica Condensed Bold or some derivative (which, incidentally, matches better with the 'modern' tab clef) for tab numbers, but I've seen older copy done with a Roman font in the tab staff (and a fancier, more rustic looking tab clef).

Thanks, Marc and Carl for making this happen. I'll post some editorial suggestions here for how bends should look soon (next week, really! I've had occasion to work on it this week)

David