Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment

From: Julian
Subject: Re: tablature.ly - please test and comment
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:54:35 +0000 (UTC)

> I think you can make this work with parallel music, instead of chords.
>
> << c, \deadNotes{ c ]>>
>
> HTH,
>
> Carl

I was looking about this. at first it seems to be a good solution
but then i could see that it give some problems managing voices.
it also displays some warning messages:
"ignoring too many clashing note columns"

if we could tell lilypond that all notes inside << >> are from
\voiceOne or \voiceTwo it could be definitly a perfect solution..
because we could manage beats by string
something like:
----------------------------------
% measure 1
<<
    \voiceOne
    %string 1 beats
    { e'4\1 e'4\1 e'4\1 e'4\1 }
    %string 2 beats
    { b4\2  b4\2  b4\2  b4\2  }
    %string 3 beats
    { g4\3  g4\3  g4\3  g4\3  }
    %string 4 beats
    { d4\4  d4\4  d4\4  d4\4  }
    %string 5 beats
    { a,4\5 a,4\5 a,4\5 a,4\5 }
    %string 6 beats
    { e,4\6 e,4\6 e,4\6 e,4\6 }

----------------------------------

It solves the slide, palm mute, and dead problem.

Other problem here is that we need convinate features..
i could see things like:
c4\harmonic   =  not work
<c\harmonic>4 =  works fine

but then other features don't work if they are inside a < ... >
so it's very hard to export a note when it have some of these features convined.
this is why i'm trying to find a generic way that can be used
to manage beats

i found the "\tweak #'style #'cross" works indide <  >
e.g:
   <f, \tweak #'style #'cross b e>4 d

it only affect the score.. not sure if is there any way to change X instead of
number by style.

Cheers,
Julian