Re: Output_property_engraver

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Output_property_engraver
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 14:38:13 -0700

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:21:04PM +0200, Stefan Thomas wrote:

> I somebody else knows, what the Output_property_eOutput_property_engraver
> does, I still would like to know it.
> It seems to be important

The Output_property_engraver is used with the \applyOutput music
function.

I found this out by going to the Internals Reference 2.2.72, saw that
this engraver accepts the music class "apply-output-event", and that
ApplyOutputEvent belongs to it.  An ApplyOutputEvent is created when
\applyOutput is used, as shown in the Internals Reference 1.1.4.

There are some examples of \applyOutput in the docs.  Since I have not
used it, I can't provide an example for you.

By the way, some parts of the Internals Reference are not up-to-date,
but this part is correct.

-Patrick