Re: Command switch based on Lily version?

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Command switch based on Lily version?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:57:39 -0600

On 3/22/09 6:26 PM, "MonAmiPierrot" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Peter> I embed Lily in a shell script for that kind of thing (I'm
>> Peter> running on Unix):
>>

> Thanks Peter, but it seems I didn't explain myself:
> what I need is sometihng like this (the syntax is invented: I don't know
> scheme] directly IN lily files:
>
> LilyVers = [Get lilypond version: "2.10" or "2.12"]
> IF LilyVers = "2.10" THEN Notes = {c d e} ELSE Notes = {c^\newMarkupCommand
> d\newCommand e\newStuff }
> \score { \Notes }

ifVersionTwoTen =
#(define-music-function (parser location twoTenMusic twoTwelveMusic)
  (ly:music? ly:music?)
  (let ((lily-version (ly:version)))
    (if (eq? (cadr lily-version 10))
        twoTenMusic
        twoTwelveMusic)))

myNotes = {
  \ifVersionTwoTen
   {c d e}
   {c^\newMarkupCommand d \newCommand e \newStuff}
}

\score { \Notes }

HTH,

Carl