Re: LilyPond 2.12 and emacs on Ubuntu

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.12 and emacs on Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:45:34 -0500

Peter,

Are you referring to the apostrophe (or single-quote, if you will) just before the 3rd opening parenthesis in the first line?

Ralph, it's worth a try. My XP init.el file doesn't contain this and it loads lilypond-mode with no error messages. I'm not sure if there's a difference between XP and Ubuntu. Lisp should be Lisp, right?

Of course, as my result in XP was the result of much trial and error, it's possible my success was due to something else and not the directions in my init.el file.

Dave

Peter Chubb wrote:
"David" == David Stocker <address@hidden> writes:

David> If your LilyPond installation resides in /usr/local/ then that
David> should be correct.

David> Ralph Palmer wrote:
Getting close, I think - " So, the first line should actually read:

(setq load-path (append (list
("/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp")) load-path))

if "/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" is the
(apparently appropriate) result of a $locate on /emacs/site-lisp?

Might be better to do:
(setq load-path (append '("/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/")
load-path))
                        ^ note the quote here

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au