Re: lyrics following split voices

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: lyrics following split voices
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:37:33 -0700

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> When I use << { } \\ { } >> without voice naming to show note variations
>> in different verses of a song the parallel music gets skipped by the
>> lyrics.  I have read all the relevant 2.11 docs without finding a way to
>> name the voices so that the lyrics get attached to the parallel music.
>
> This exact same issue has been discussed countless times on this
> mailing list...  =\
Sorry!  I don't a lot of vocal stuff so I don't follow those threads as
much.

>> Any ideas or pointers to documentation to make more sense of this?
>
> Look in the documentation for how to explicitly instantiate voices --
> you need to explicitly instantiate the second voice, i.e. use
>
>     << { \voiceOne } \new Voice { \voiceTwo } >> \oneVoice
I did look there several times but it makes more sense with your example.

Is there a relationship between '\new Voice = "1"'  and  '\voiceOne' ?

> exchanging \voiceOne and \voiceTwo, if necessary/appropriate.
I'll see if I can figure what to do for the second verse now.

Thank you very much!

Paul