Re: lyrics following split voices

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: lyrics following split voices
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:04:55 -0400

Hi Paul,

When I use << { } \\ { } >> without voice naming to show note variations
in different verses of a song the parallel music gets skipped by the
lyrics. I have read all the relevant 2.11 docs without finding a way to
name the voices so that the lyrics get attached to the parallel music.

This exact same issue has been discussed countless times on this mailing list... =\

Any ideas or pointers to documentation to make more sense of this?

Look in the documentation for how to explicitly instantiate voices -- you need to explicitly instantiate the second voice, i.e. use

    << { \voiceOne } \new Voice { \voiceTwo } >> \oneVoice

exchanging \voiceOne and \voiceTwo, if necessary/appropriate.

Kieren.