Re: I know you've heard this before

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: I know you've heard this before
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 23:56:24 +0200

True, but textedit doesn't have syntax hilighting or bracket matching. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to send my syntax hilighting for lilypond to this list for ages, but haven't done so. It isn't great, nor is perfect, but it hilights and helps me spotting errors. And, the only time I've ever attempted anything with regex was to do this, so I'm sure there are probably better ways of expressing what's here (if anyone sees a better way, let me know). For a pretty basic text editor, it has tons of features that I learn more about as I use it.

You can use textedit to edit your lilypond files on OSX.

Carl