Re: GDP: NR 1.5 Simultaneous, second draft

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.5 Simultaneous, second draft
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:01:00 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:25 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:04:06 +0200 (CEST)
address@hidden (Karl Hammar) wrote:

Graham:
> > << { \voiceOne ... } \new Voice { \voiceTwo ... } >> \oneVoice
> > Is that really the "right" method? I thought that \\ *was* the
> right method... in fact, isn't \\ exactly the same as what you
> propose?

No,

Huh, I had no idea.

Everybody: this is why your proofreading is so important.  Some
doc writers have only been using lilypond for five months.  I used
lilypond a few years ago, but there's huge swaths of material that I
don't know -- or even worse, material I *think* that I know, but I'm
actually incorrect.

Absolutely!  I keep finding my misconceptions have
occasionally crept into the docs.  We really do need
the real experts to review this new material.

Thanks, Mark and Karl.  Hopefully Francisco and Trevor will modify
LM 3 / NR 1.5 to clarify/correct this point.

Actually LM 3 always has said what Karl has just pointed out :)
Cheers,
- Graham

Trevor