vertical braces in the lyrics - I'm stuck

From: Tim Litwiller
Subject: vertical braces in the lyrics - I'm stuck
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:48:40 -0500

I am really stuck and would appreciate some help. I have tried just about every which way there is and I apparently don't understand the concept here.

I am trying to enter braces at the beginning of the song. I was suggested that they should go in the set stanza part of the lyrics and I agree with that. All the other place I tried it wants to "use" a note. See the hand drawn braces tying the 2 lines of each verse together? That is what I'd like to accomplish. There is a smple of the code at the bottom of this email

Ok, here is the first stanza of the first verse

stanzaOneOne = \lyricmode { \set stanza = "1. {" Child, you're mine and I love you. Lend thine ear to what I say. stanzaOneTwo = \lyricmode { \set stanza = " " Child, I have no great -- er joy Than to have you walk in truth.