Re: shortInstrumentName help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: shortInstrumentName help
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:41:30 +0200

You have to tell LilyPond what belongs together, using curly brackets. One way to think of it is that within each Staff, you first specify the instrument name, then typeset the music:

\new Staff = "trumpet" \transpose c c {
 \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Tpt "
 \trumpet
}

  /Mats

Quoting Stan Mulder <address@hidden>:

I'm want my score to have short instrument names. What I've got is not working. Apparently I need to separate the trumpet and clarinet contexts but I'm not sure
how to do that.

\book {
        \score {
        <<
                \new StaffGroup = "horns"
                <<
                                \new Staff = "trumpet" \transpose c c \trumpet
                                \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Tpt "
                                \new Staff = "clarinet" \transpose c c \clarinet
                                \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Clr "

        \midi { }