Re: shortInstrumentName help

From: Frédéric Moinard
Subject: Re: shortInstrumentName help
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:35:09 +0400

Hi,

Stan Mulder a écrit :
I'm want my score to have short instrument names. What I've got is not working.
Apparently I need to separate the trumpet and clarinet contexts but I'm not sure
how to do that.

\book {
        \score {
        <<
\new StaffGroup = "horns" <<
                                \new Staff = "trumpet" \transpose c c \trumpet
                                \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Tpt "
                                \new Staff = "clarinet" \transpose c c \clarinet
                                \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Clr "

        \midi { }

\new Staff = "trumpet" {
  \transpose c c
  \trumpet
  \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Tpt "
}

?

You can do it in the notes definitions too:
trumpet = {
  \set Staff.instrumentName = "Trumpet "
  \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Tpt "
% notes...