Re: Colored hairpins?

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Colored hairpins?
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:16:26 -0700

Thanks all,

I figured out last night where to put the overrides to make them work.

r4 d4 \p d d  \repeat "unfold" 3 {d1~}  \once \override Hairpin #'color = #blue d1 \<  d1  d1  d1
                \once \override DynamicText #'color = #blue d4 \f d d d \p d \once \override DynamicTextSpanner #'color = #blue \cresc d d \f d |

So the override goes immediately before the note which a \f or \< is connected to, and it goes immediately before a \cresc (DynamicTextSpanner).

Now, Mats' solution I don't get. Why does the override go *after* the \cr?

My last question is where to put the variable definition

blueDyn = \once \override Hairpin #'color = #blue

When I put it at the top of the file, it gives errors:

Parsing...
c:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/english.ly:15:0: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING

pitchnamesEnglish = #`(
c:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/english.ly:130:13: error: unknown escaped string: `\pitchnamesEnglish'
pitchnames =
             \pitchnamesEnglish

etc.

Tim Reeves