Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:59:11 +0100

Till Rettig wrote:
I like this new layout of the second chapter! I hope, though, you can still
consider my suggestions...

:)  Of course ...

I could think of a section on how to center lyrics between staves -- I would
remember this was recently more than once topic on -user. Or would this go
to "hymn"? I didn't check the templates, though, is it already there?

Added as 2.1.3.5 Centering lyrics between staves

I could take over the ancient rewrite, when finished which the staff section
(taken that nobody else wants it).

Sounds good to me, but Graham will need to allocate the work
based on his priorities.

I would suggest a subsection like
"transcribing ancient music" where there could be some tricks recently shown
by Carl, the incipit thing that is in the lsr and on -user, also the
"Gregorian-transcription-staff" or how it was called which is nowhere
mentioned in the documentation so far (I included it in staff, but it
doesn't really belong there). Might think of still some more issues, like
the "mensurstriche-layout" which is now also as a snippet in staff.

Difficult for me to know where best to put these.  Could you please
suggest how these might fit in to the existing structure - or maybe how
the existing structure (ie in Draft 5) might be improved?  Thanks.

Till

Trevor D