Re: Shortcut for epeated chords?

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Shortcut for epeated chords?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:08:27 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> You mean like
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Measure-repeats#Measure-repeats

I interpret the suggestion to mean that he wants the _notes_ to appear
(unlike the link you posted, which uses 'slash' notation to indicate
repetition), but wants some handy shortcut not to have to type them out
repeatedly in the Lilypond source.

So e.g. to follow his example and suggested notation,

  <c e g b c'>16 <> <> <>
  <d f a c c'>16 <>8 <>16

would produce the same output as,

This is certainly a possibility I would like to see in Lilypond.  In
fact I see no reason for it to be limited to chords: some notation for
'same note(s) again' would be very desirable.