re: vim compiles always in root directory

From: Romel Anthony S. Bismonte
Subject: re: vim compiles always in root directory
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:32:05 +1000

I ran into a similar issue when I was writing this musical some time back. My workaround was basically this:

1) In the directory that I have the music in (let's say it was /path/to) I put in a "startvim" script and a "render" script.
2) The startvim script just called vim.
3) The render script had these lines:

cd /path/to
lilypond --[some options] project.ly

4) Then when I worked, I used "startvim" to open vim, then when I was ready to compile, I ran the "render" script.

Hope this helps.

Romel