Starting a new staff in the same line

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Starting a new staff in the same line
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:06:09 +0200

Hi all,
a user at lilypondforum.de asked how to stop a staff group and start a new one after a short white space with a new system start delimiter bracket. I couldn't really help, I pointed to the \startStaff and \stopStaff commands, but they won't produce the starting bracket. Also when making a new staff the first one gets continued and the second one aligned vertically under it. As a workaround I also gave the incipit workaround that is putting the score in the instrument name engraver. But this is not really working with staff groups: the vertical alignment is bad. And he also has "incipits" longer than one line so I don't know how they would behave -- I guess this is not possible.

There is probably an easy solution, who knows it?

Greetings
Till