absolute & relative together

From: David Bobroff
Subject: absolute & relative together
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:39:15 +0000

I've realized that I may have painted myself into a bit of a corner. I'm working on an orchestral part with cues. The main part needs to be transposed. I have defined the cues and the main part in separate blocks. I have used \relative for both. Now I'm realizing that perhaps it would have been more clever to define the cues with absolute pitches rather than using \relative so I can really freeze their positions (I want the cues at their original pitches when the main part is transposed).

Is there an elegant fix for this or do I simply have to go through the cue definitions and enter all the , and ' for their absolute pitches?

-David