problem modifying articulation mark

From: Adam James Wilson
Subject: problem modifying articulation mark
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:41:57 -0700

I want to make the \accent articulation bold, and change its font
size, while still being able to attach it to a note using "^" and "_".

I gather from the documentation that the function below should do.
However, only the font-size change seems to display any effect.  I can
even specify nonesense for font-family - put in 'blurk or 'gunk or
something - and no error is produced.

I believe "(make-music 'ArticulationEvent 'articulation-type
"accent")" produces a Script object, and I am operating under the
assumtion that I can "tweak" any of the properties listed under Script
and its associated interfaces.  Is there another way to do this?

myAccent =
#(let ((m (make-music 'ArticulationEvent 'articulation-type "accent")))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-family 'sans (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-name 'helevitica (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-series 'bold (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
           (set! (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)
                   (acons 'font-size '12 (ly:music-property m 'tweaks)))
)

Best regards,
Adam