Re: GDP: length/page-splitting of subsections

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GDP: length/page-splitting of subsections
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:29:39 +0200

2007/9/10, fiëé visuëlle <address@hidden>:

> No. I always use the online manual in several tabs (the fewer single
> pages, the fewer tabs!) and a Google tab with "site:lilypond.org/
> doc/...", because it also finds the commands in samples (in contrary
> to the PDF), and often I only need a working sample of usage (the in-
> text samples are often too short or not on topic as I understand it
> or too cluttered - or too simple).

This demonstrates what I said about people not using the LSR manual
search tool :)

Fiëé: you might be interested in opening
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Manual in your google-tab. (or you might
not :)

> BTW I'd like to see an forever-working URL like http://lilypond.org/
> doc/current/Documentation/ (instead of the version; should need only
> one symlink; maybe "current-stable" and "current-dev").

Oh yes! Veeery good point!

Rune: I think it's possible with some JScript tweaking (at least, some
buzzword-compliant technologies allow to do this without frames). But
you're right, 1993-1994 were fun too :)

Valentin